A Virtual Assistant (VA) is someone who provides a range of services to entrepreneurs and businesses from a remote location. They offer a wide range of services, which will be discussed later in this post.
What are the benefits of hiring a VA?
Although many people have not heard of a VA, they are widely used, and the trend continues to rise. Below are some of the main benefits of contracting out help.
1. Better use of current employees.
- As your business continues to grow and more projects are being added, chances are, your higher team members are going to want to focus on the more challenging/exciting projects versus spending their time with the tedious and “mundane” things, such as e-mails. Hiring a VA to stay on top of these tasks provides more time for big projects and keeps your current staff happy and engaged.
2. Reduced costs.
One of the most significant contributing factors as to why entrepreneurs and businesses are hiring VAs is that it saves costs.
- Saving salary costs: hiring a VA saves your business a lot of money, but does not take away from the quality of work being performed. Instead of spending the money on hiring a full-time employee for “smaller” jobs, you can outsource the help at an hourly rate.
- Saving training costs: typically, companies need to spend the time (and money!) on training new employees in house. By outsourcing, you are hiring someone who is already an expert in that specific field.
- BONUS: a VA pays for their OWN taxes and health insurance!
3. Saving time.
- We all know the saying, “time is money.” A lot of entrepreneurs and small business owners do not a designated HR team. Why have your employees spend countless hours screening resumes/applications and going through the interview process, when you can hire a VA who is already an expert at the tasks you are seeking help for? Not only are they an expert, but they can focus solely on the task at hand, versus an employee who may need to juggle multiple jobs at once.
What can a VA do?
Honestly, the list of things a VA can do is quite endless, but below are a more in-depth look at some of the main tasks VA are hired to do.
- I mean, it is kind of in the job title already, right?! You can hire a VA to do what an in-office administrative assistant already does. You can outsource someone to help you with calendar management (scheduling meetings), booking travel arrangements, answering phone calls, basic data entry, and organizing that “to do” list of yours.
- Quite similar to the description above; however, this will be for your own life, versus your professional one. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, organizing your “to-do” list and calendar, booking weekend getaways and holiday trips, helping you make purchases (gifts, hardware, etc.).
- Businesses spend endless hours creating content for blogs, e-mail marketing, and so on. Why not use those hours to grow your business or spend quality time with family by outsourcing this enormous task to a VA?
- Many entrepreneurs and small business owners dread bookkeeping because it is confusing, tedious, and honestly quite dull. A lot of VAs are trained in these various tasks, and they can keep your books current and accurate, all while saving your hours and headaches.
Social media management
- Did you know about two-thirds of businesses spend an average of 6 hours a week on marketing? That is 24 hours a month, just creating content and posting to social media. They do it because they know the payoff to utilizing social media is worth it; however, why not outsource this task to a VA and get all those hours back?!
- We have all been there. As your business grows, and so does that “to-do” list, it is effortless to let your inbox go unanswered for days at a time. When you finally open your e-mail, you are overwhelmed with all the “unread” e-mails and embarrassed with all the opened ones you have yet to answer. A VA can help manage your inbox. They can sift through the spam, answer general inquiries and follow-ups, and carry out e-mail marketing campaigns.
Do you need help?
Are you starting to see the benefits of outsourcing help to a Virtual Assistant? Are you at a place where you are paralyzed by the number of tasks that need to be done but cannot afford to hire another employee? Now is the time to hire a VA and take back control of your business and gain back hours of precious time! Book a call with me today to see how I can help!